South-East Insecurity: Stop media trial, wait for us at the Court, IPOB tells FG, Malami

0
- advertisement -

The Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) has knocked the federal government and its attorney general, Abubakar Malami over its recent claims against the foremost secessionist group in the South-East region.

Mr Malami had on Friday accused the group of being behind the insecurity going on in the South-East region. He also alleged that Nnamdi Kanu, detained leader of IPOB ordered the rampage that trailed the forceful suspension of historic #EndSARS protests last year.

Pushing back the allegations on Saturday in a statement, Emma Powerful, spokesman of IPOB denied his group was responsible for the increased killings in South-East, particularly in Anambra where the state governor, Willie Obiano attested it had political undertones.

- advertisement -

Mr Powerful who said over 20,000 members of his group have been extra-judiciary killed said the federal government created the monster brewing in the Igbo predominant area but have resorted to media trial rather than wait for the verdict of the court on the matter.

“Why not wait for us at the law court instead of resorting to media trial,” Mr Powerful queried the minister. “That shows he has no case to prove against IPOB.

“To put the records straight, IPOB remains a peaceful movement, and was never involved in such barbarities Malami was linking IPOB with.

“Instead of killing security agents, IPOB members have been the victims of the extra-judicial killings by the wicked Nigeria security operatives as no fewer than 20,000 of our members have been murdered in cold blood by the Nigeria security agencies.

“It is not controvertible that innocent IPOB members and Biafran youths have been wasted at different times by the Nigeria security agencies. This genocide against IPOB is still ongoing, yet they want to suddenly change the narrative.

“We have always said it that the unknown gunmen were a creation of the Nigeria security agencies to implicate and demonise IPOB. We have no hand in the killings in parts of Biafra land. The federal government which is sponsoring the killings is desperately looking for excuses to implicate IPOB and nail our leader Mazi Nnamdi KANU who they renditioned from Kenya. Our leader is innocent of all the concocted allegations and lies vomited by Malami against him.

“It is clear to all and sundry that IPOB was not involved in the EndSARS protests. Nigerian youths who were fed up with the evil in Nigeria vented their anger during the #EndSARS protests which took place simultaneously in different parts of the country.

“IPOB could not have been the ones behind the protest which was a spontaneous reaction of dissatisfied youths against the maladministration in the country.

“Malami should stop wasting his time and just fix a date for the Biafra referendum where our people can decide which country they want to stay. Failure to do so is to their peril.

“All destruction in our territory was politically motivated and carried out by security agents recruited and nicknamed unknown gunmen. We know the so-called unknown gunmen are DSS personnel, army and police personnel set up to implicate IPOB and ESN.”

- advertisement -