No plan to withdraw from court case I was dragged into – Secondus

0
- advertisement -

Suspended national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, says he has no plan to withdraw from a court case instituted against him by some aggrieved members of the party.

Mr Secondus stated this while reacting to reports of him being pressured to withdraw the legal action he filed against the opposition party.

The Rivers-born politician was suspended by his ward executives over failure to pay his dues for four years, the state chairman of the party said last month.

- advertisement -

He was immediately replaced with Yemi Akinwonmi who is in acting capacity. The new opposition chieftain was appointed after a closed door meeting of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).

While a federal high court reinstated him another upheld his suspension and the legal tussle continued.

“The attention of the media office of Secondus has been drawn to an unsubstantiated report claiming that he is under pressure to withdraw his case against the party from the court,” reads a statement by his media aide Ike Abonyi on Sunday. “The truth which the said news did not state is that Secondus is not in court against the party, but was dragged to court by persons bent on hijacking the soul of the party.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the media office wishes to restate that Secondus is really under pressure for justice and will seek it anywhere to save the party from destruction.

“Nothing short of justice will save PDP from the current situation.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the justice Secondus is seeking is enshrined in the party’s constitution which is supreme.

“The constitution states clearly how a national chairman and any national officer can be sanctioned even where there is a known breach, talk less of where there is none,” he added.

- advertisement -