A petition demanding the barring of Nasir El-rufai, incumbent governor of Kaduna State, from visiting the United Kingdom and the European Union has garnered over ten thousand signatures.
This is coming days after the United States Government extended it ban on the Kaduna helmsman. The sovereign nation had earlier in the year barred him from visiting its territory over his verbal threat of returning foreign election observers in body bags should they interfere in the 2019 general election.
The petition started by former presidential aide, Reno Omokri, yesterday, has been endorsed by over ten thousand signatures when TODAY POLITICS checked it Wednesday afternoon at 3:15pm.
Mr Omokri while creating the petition listed with dates the alleged wrongdoings of the Kaduna governor.
“On December 3, 2016, he admitted that he paid killer herdsmen who killed Nigerian citizens, because they were of the same ethnicity as him. Since that admission, there has been an intense escalation of the killings of mostly Christians in Kaduna, and on August 25, 2020, suspected herdsmen abducted seven schoolchildren and their teacher from Prince Academy, in Kaduna. They have not been seen or heard of since then,” he wrote.
“On February 6, 2019, he threatened foreign observers, including observers from the EU and UK with death, warning that they would return in “body bags”, should they intervene in Nigeria.
“On July 15, 2012, Nasir El-Rufai said, and I quote “We will write this for all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes.” This threat has been carried out in Southern Kaduna were there is an ongoing genocide of Christians under El-Rufai’s watch,” part of the petition read.
He said the action was necessary to prevent the governor who is scheming to lead the country from unleashing Rwandan style genocide in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, Mukhtar Maigamo, the Special Assistant to the Governor of Kaduna State on Public Affairs, when contacted by TODAY POLITICS, described the reports that his principal was barred from visiting the United States as unfounded.
“Am sorry I don’t have the permission to respond to this unfounded rumours,” he said.