President Muhammadu Buhari has approved new aides for his wife, Aisha.
The appointees are attached to the office of the First Lady, a position the president promised to scrap if elected president while in opposition.
He had vowed to do away with the office because it is unknown to the Nigerian Constitution.
During his first term, Mrs Buhari was addressed as wife of the president but has since reverted to the title of First Lady since her husband won re-election.
In a statement by Suleman Haruna, spokesman to Mrs Buhari, the president approved the following appointments which takes effect immediately:
- Dr. Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM).
- Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD).
- Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity.
- Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events.
- Funke Adesiyan – Personal Assistant on Domestic and Social Events.
Meanwhile, the first lady is said to have thanked her husband for assigning more aides to her.
Punch Newspaper reports that the expression took place while she played host to wives of governors who visited her at the Presidential Villa, on Tuesday.